Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shiny things obsession

If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life. Isn't that a famous quote somewhere? Excuse me while I dust off my brain ... and skip a Google check for now. But I have always loved the thought, if not the reality of needing money and my LOVE is making jewelry. Here is an example. I like to have fun names too and a theme that goes with each one. This one is called UFO: Unidentified Fashion Object. My main themes right now are Outer Space/the sky and starting on the Ocean line coming up here.



My day job is MT--medical transcriptionist. I bet you were thinking MT: Mouse Trainer right? Nah. I "type" for a living. But don't call me a typist because we hate that. We make doctors look smart. We listen to those same doctors mumble all day (many of them anyway, some are great) and go through a lot of keyboards because we bang our heads on them. a lot.

I do love my day job but not as much as making jewelry. It is an obsession.

So to get my business going I have been told to make a blog. The name Shiny Vine is partly my business name "beadievine" and a shout-out to Firefly, one of my favorite shows EVAH second only to Psych. Shawn and Gus are my one true loves but I couldn't very well name my blog "Whaaaat!!!" or "Lavender Gooms..."

I could, but then I would never achieve my dream of making and selling jewelry full time.

As a gift for following my blog, or heck, even reading it, I will give you the secret code for May to get free shipping. that is-- if my Lyme brain can remember it. Yes, I also have chronic Lyme disease. It's fun when writing a blog, especially the word-finding difficulties. And that is an example of sarcasm! You will also find a lot of that here.

Ok. May Secret Phrase is ... imworthit

Put that in the checkout here when you buy something http://www.etsy.com/people/Beadievine and you will get free shipping.

If you prefer to pay shipping and want a free pair of earrings instead, message me on my shop (the link above and then on the left-hand side there is a button that says "contact."  Check with me to see if I have free earrings. If you are worried someone will buy the item in the meantime, go ahead and buy it and I will either make the free earrings or refund the 2.00 shipping charge if (for whatever reason) I cannot do free earrings for that item.

I will hopefully in the next couple of days here post the free earrings pictures for the items that will have them. They will be wire-type, fish-hooks with a matching bead or 2. You can always choose to see the earrings first before committing :) which is probably best anyway so I will get you a picture so we don't have any disagreements.

I am very grateful to my customers at this point and like to do freebies. Granted, they are not, say, a free puppy but I have some okay freebies stashed around here. ;)

Thanks for reading. Anything you want to see, comment away.

Beatrix

No comments:

Post a Comment