Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Emerald--May Birthstone and my daughter's middle name

So what if my daughter was born in June? I wanted to give her a really cool middle name. The emerald held special meaning to me at the time, so I went with it. I think these are more beautiful than diamonds, mainly because I love the color. 


Per Gembrokers.org  Roman emperor Nero wore emerald sunglasses to watch the gladiators because he was advised  sight is refreshed and restored by gazing upon this stone. 


So there is the poor gladiator, beat for sport and Nero is watching through emerald glasses. Sort of makes me hate him and want to be him at the same time. 


One reason I love working with glass beads is because I would never be able to work with something like emeralds or diamonds--but these look almost as pretty.


What is your favorite gemstone and why? 


Leave me a comment and I will enter you into a free giveaway--(email needed)--details coming up tonight or at latest tomorrow. :) HINT: It's NOT a free emerald. Sorry. 


I will do nothing else with your email here--not sell, not spam, won't even bug you unless you win, then you will get 1 email with the details. I will post winner here as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment